SHIPPING (see below for Local Delivery and Pickup options)
Please order by Sunday, December 11th to maximize the chances of receiving your shipment before Christmas.
We are currently only able to ship our products within Canada and the U.S. — stay tuned for international shipping! We offer free regular shipping in Canada for orders over $199, on every product that is eligible to be shipped. There are many small flat items that we can ship for $5 or less throughout North America, in a flat-pack with no tracking (just stamps) — think artwork, greeting cards, chocolate bars, DIY kits, and more. We also ship bigger items as parcels within Ontario and Quebec for a flat rate of $14.95 per order.
We ship via Canada Post, and USPS (in the States), with shipping options easily available to you when you checkout. The shipping speed will vary based on the option chosen at checkout. You always save money by ordering more products per shipment.
Please allow for up to 48 hours of handling time before your order is shipped, plus the shipping time as estimated at checkout. Average shipping times vary from 2-7 days across Canada, and 4-10 days across the U.S. If you purchase multiple items and one is noted as backorder, all items will ship together at the later date. You may request multiple shipments in this scenario to receive your other items sooner by contacting [email protected].
*Some restrictions apply: not all items listed online are available to be shipped — some are too large, and some are so unique that they should be selected in person. In those cases, you can still purchase online, with the option to pick up your item in-store. We will contact you if there has been a mistake at the checkout.
We can’t wait to send you locally-made goods! Starting at $7 and up we deliver to postal codes within 60km of our store location. Orders placed by 11 am noon (ET) will be delivered on the same day, and orders placed after that will be delivered the following day. Orders placed on Saturday after 11 am and orders placed on Sundays will be delivered on Monday.
For local deliveries, the purchaser should receive an email when the package is sent out for delivery, so they can be ready to accept it. If the package is going to a house and nobody answers then the driver will call the customer, and if it’s safe they will leave the bag around the mailbox or between the doors. If the customer cannot be reached, it may be returned to the store (keep reading below).
If the package is going to a building with a unit number (apartment or condo), it is possible that the package may not be delivered if the recipient is not home. The driver will try the phone and buzzer, but they will not leave it unattended in the corridor.
If any delivery is returned to our store after a failed attempt, the order will be switched to a free local pickup at our Hintonburg store, and the customer will be notified. The customer may request a second delivery or shipping attempt, but it will cost $15 + HST to cover the additional costs of the second delivery attempt. If a second delivery fails, we would refund the order with a 50% restocking fee to cover delivery costs and staff time.
If you prefer to have the option for a shipping depot pickup after a failed delivery, we recommend using the $14.95 shipping option and Canada Post (or other shipping couriers) will follow their usual package protocol.
Do you live in Ottawa, or want a reason for a visit? Choose the FREE “Local Pickup” option at checkout, and you can pick up your order free from Monday – Sunday (see our latest hours here). All in-store pickups will occur at our flagship store at 987 Wellington St. W. in Hintonburg.
If you cannot pick up your order right away, don’t worry! We will hold orders in-store for three weeks from the order date. If you fail to pick up your order within the three-week time frame, we will cancel your order. We have a 25% restocking fee; the remaining 75% will be refunded back to your original method of payment. Your order will no longer be available for pickup at that time.
SENDING A GIFT?
That’s awfully nice of you! Please specify that this is a gift in the “Order Notes” section at checkout. Use your address as the billing address, and the recipient’s address as the shipping address. We will send the invoice to you, and the gift to its new home!